Finally its time to start the true journey of Civil Services!!


It is almost time to pack my bags for “that one dream journey to a dream destination LBSNAA,Mussoorie”. Ahh!finally THAT moment is here….that journey for which I had always dreamt of …time to see “LIVE” the academy!!!!!!Ever since I made up my mind for UPSC , LBSNAA’s  (Google Image pics) were all that adorned my room walls, my PC/Laptop screen page and   THAT one picture of LBSNAA Gate  gave me true enthusiasm to keep moving ahead!!!!I remember the low points and frustrating evenings during the preparation phase of CSE (when everything seemed so weired,grey and my mind used to tell me “Bas karo abb nahi hoga”!!) ,I used to login on Fb to have a glimpse of LBSNAA pictures of fellow friends and seniors undertaking training there……ohhh!How  desperately  I used to wish that I was there next year and then jolted myself out of that chair with a determination to get a picture clicked of myself in same locations next year no matter what and to give my best to my preparations!!!!Everything then seemed like a dream ..just backed with a determination to witness it soon!When you literally live with a dream and a determination day in day out …over a period of time ,it becomes a part of you…so was it for me!Today when am actually heading to academy…am filled with mixed emotions..Really excited to start off with dream journey and life but also anxious of what lies ahead!That feeling that life is no longer going to be same again and that a life and a service full of challenges and responsibilities awaits ! Post 4th May,2012…each day seemed like a blessing and the innumerable felicitations, phone calls, random visits by all and sundry at home(to just wish me good luck and see me) ……every act was so humbling…I could not but thank God for blessing  me with each beautiful day in my life!But so much of wishes, so much of aspirations ……also brings with it “BIG EXPECTATIONS”…At individual level, I  would definitely try my level best to give the maxim to one’s service come what may….and would hopefully prove oneself worthy of all reposibilities.!Finally it is time to start THE TRUE JOURNEY OF CIVIL SERVICE !!!!

Comments

  1. Hehe no one could express the beauty of a journey better dan you .:)

    The little girl of our story is indeed taking big strides .All the best buddy .:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Harshika,
    Congratulations on your phenomenal feat. All the best for the new journey that you've been awaiting for so long. God bless!
    I am an aspirant, 2013 exams. Your words and experiences really inspire me to reach at the helm.
    I need some guidance regarding certain things.
    It would be really kind of you to help me out. I mailed on your gmail I'd as well.
    Thanks v much.
    Ayush

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck harshika :)..u will do well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amit...all the best to you too for all your endeavours.

      Delete
  5. Hello Mam,
    Heartiest congratulations..very inspiring post.Thanks for sharing your enriched knowledge and experience of CSE,indeed invaluably priceless for those starting out.Would be thankful if you could guide me on following questions.

    1)Regarding essay: how much exclusive preparation is required for essays..is is mandatory to stick to very basic words..can we artistic by adding a few quotes/poems etc..

    2)Is it mandatory to follow 2-3 newspapers..I read Hindu throughly + 1 magazine...since I'm just starting out I feel the urge to cover larger chunk of conventional stuff first(aiming 2014)

    3)How much time of full time focused preparation should be enough for average candidates?

    4)How much time before prelims should we focus completely on objective based preparations?

    5)When should one start csat?

    6)qualifying indian languages paper-Hindi,English ..starting them after prelims? how much time do they require? is a week enough?I saw these papers to be manageable..or I'm completely wrong and they require much more efforts?

    7)I found indian polity to be difficult as I have never been linked to it apart from newspapers+civics ncerts...people suggest that in such conditions one must take public admin as polity is required in deep knowledge in GS and much more in interview..however I find interest in optionals to be much more imp(1200 marks and only with interests one can study it for yrs if required)..ur view mam.

    Wishing you very best in civils journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strategy for Anthropology